BY: Neighbors’ Consejo|
We all have dreams and goals, but many times we forget them because we are afraid of not being able to achieve them. However, it is possible to get closer to them, when we plan carefully what we want and thus, we go from “words to actions”.
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary  defines dreams as “a series of thoughts, images, or emotions occurring during sleep”; Cambridge Dictionary  defines it as “something that you want to happen very much but that is not very likely”. On the other hand, if we want to define a goal, “it is the result of achievement toward which effort is directed  ”. In conclusion, “dreams are something you create in your mind that can take any shape or form, while goals are based on taking action  ”.
Therefore, the question that we want to invite you to answer is: Do you want to continue dreaming, or do you want to start building your goals? To help you figure it out, we bring you five big differences between dreaming and doing  :
- Goals are something you are acting on.
- Goals have deadlines.
- There is a price for having goals and it requires hard work.
- Dreams stretch your imagination.
- Ultimately, dreams can inspire you.
Now that 2022 is ending, we must focus on thinking with purpose, this will help us to have a better emotional wellbeing, because the achievement of goals gives us satisfaction, while when we accumulate unrealized dreams, we will have frustration. So, let us get out of our comfort zone, let us jump to making our dreams come true. Thus, Sonia Thompson  recommended:
- Strip down all the fluff that covers up the true goal you are after.
- Look fear in the eyes. It means that you are moving beyond what is familiar, you are moving beyond your comfort zone.
- Plan your goal, write it, and build a plan.
- Immerse yourself with great ideas and techniques that others have shown to work.
- Set a deadline.
- Work your plan.
- As you work the goals to make your dreams come true, consider letting those in your circle know what is going on with you.
In conclusion, 2023 is coming, a new year, loaded with 365 new opportunities to make those dreams you have come true, focus on achieving your goals, this will bring you satisfaction, joy and wellbeing.