BY: Neighbors’ Consejo|
In a few days, we start a new year, so planning 2023 is vital to getting closer and closer to our goals. How can we do it? Why it is important? How can we help others plan their new year? In this short article, you can know more about it.
To start with, we have to be clear why planning is important  : planning helps us set appropriate goals, planning breaks a problem or goal into smaller pieces, planning reveals weaknesses (and strengths), planning increases certainty and confidence, planning increases efficacy, planning reduces risk, planning increases your credibility, planning encourages creativity, planning improves decision-making, planning equals more peace of mind.
On the other hand, according to Paul Jenkins  , “if you stay flexible and dynamic enough, planning can become a way of life. Your plans will change depending on the situation –and like itself, they will not always work out the way you hoped. But if you know how to adapt at all times, there is no reason things cannot turn out for the best”.
That is why plan the next year is important; Luxury Columnist blog gives us 10 great tips for it:
- Take stock of relationships: think about your romantic and friendship goals.
- Financial planning: plan your finances for 2023, by making a budget and sticking to it.
- Apply the Pareto Principle: According to this principle, 20% of your activities will give you 80% of your satisfaction. It is also known as the 80/20 rule and holds that 20% of efforts give 80% of results.
- Make a realistic New Year resolutions list: Make SMART goals (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Timely).
- Declutter your closet and home: Select what you no longer use that will clean your drawers and you will be able to share what you have in good condition with those who need it most.
- Focus on healthy eating: You have to resist temptation when eating out, because it is not healthy for your body. Try to create a balanced diet.
- Get fighting fit: Move your body, this will make you feel good. Try Pilates, Zumba classes, run, walk with your dog.
- Learn something new: Plan to learn a new skill; there are many resources online, such as virtual art museum tours.
- Start travel planning: With careful planning, you can maximize your time away by booking off dates either side of some national holidays.
- Write your goals down: Write your goals for the next 12 months and post them somewhere visible, so you will be reminded of them every day.
So, work hard for your goals, plan what you want well, do not stop achieving your goals and start with emotional wellbeing.